2” N numbers??

Home Forums Technical Information 2” N numbers??

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Josh Langlais
      Participant

I will be having my 1974 Traveler repainted soon. After scouring Google images and trying to find a GA paint scheme I like to no avail I have finally decided to paint my plane in the 1942 Wildcat scheme. I thought honoring the Grumman heritage would be a cool way to let my bird stand out a bit from the rest. My question is this….I plan on having the N Number painted in 2″ lettering on the tail just above the horizontal stabilizer and forward of the rudder. Everything in the regs I have been reading is saying that since the airplane is at least 30 years old, and thus vintage, it is legal. There are some restrictions, as in not being able to fly into the ADIZ (didn’t plan on it anyway) and not being able to fly into Mexico (again, I wont be doing that). Is there anything else I’m missing here?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Richard Harrison
      Participant

Reminds me of an AA-1X that I saw many years ago painted similar to that. The side of the plane had a bit of nose art proclaiming it as an F4F “Hell Kitty”.

I think you summed it up about using 2″ numbers. What you might consider is leaving an area on the side where you could put 10″ temporary stick-on numbers.

Good luck with the paint job! That should be a fun project.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.